Thanksgiving Fun!

Can y'all believe it is seriously November?  I am still amazed that we are in November!  Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and until a few days ago I swear I was wearing shorts and flip flops.  Well, I actually was since I live in Georgia, but still.  It's just crazy to me!

So, since we are in November and I'm doing my best to not procrastinate quite as much, I'm doing a Thanksgiving post.

Oh, and since it's Thanksgiving, I'm going to include two of my favorite freebies.

#1 - November Book Reports
Have you grabbed these yet?  Can I tell you a funny story?  So, if you've been collecting my monthly book reports, you will appreciate this.  My book reports started with the November one.  One of my sweet teammates wanted to have a book report that was on a kid level.  Do you see the turkey to the right?  Well, this was before I had tons of clip art, so I hand drew a turkey.  Then, I used a scanner to scan it and load it.  Every time I look at it, it makes me laugh at how much I've changed since that first book report two years ago.   My book reports have come a long way since the first one.

If you can use this freebie, feel free to click on the images to grab it.  Hope you enjoy!



#2 - Turkey Template 
This is a little different, but every year since I started teaching my grandfather makes me wooden turkeys.  Friends, he has done this for me for the last thirteen years.  I LOVE traditions, so these little turkeys are huge!  To the point if I've taught two out of three siblings, I have to give a turkey to the third one.  So, you may or may not be able to use this, but it's a turkey template.  If you have a handy friend or husband feel free to use this to make some turkeys for your class.  Oh, and a quick hint, go grab feathers right now!


#3 - Thanksgiving Packet
Well, I have a little Thanksgiving printable packet.  If you want to grab it, click on one of the images. Here's a quick hint that I'm ONLY telling my blog followers.  Right now, the packet is $3.00.  Well, I'm about to add a bunch of new pages this weekend and then the price is going to be around $5 or $6, so if you want to save a little, grab it now, and then download it late Sunday or Monday.  You will get it cheaper, but will also get all the new pages when it is loaded.

#4 Thanksgiving Extravaganza
Do you ever go through your files and find a treasure?  Well, I used this packet from Hollie Griffith last year and fell in love with it!  Friends, it is simply incredible!  Last year, I did the Pilgrims, but this year I am definitely going to jump in and use more of the packet.

This year, I hope to use her foldable about the Wampanaog Indians, the turkey hats, and the turkey craft and poems.  We did the turkey hats last year with The Great Turkey Race and my kiddos loved it!  It's pretty easy to make and I loved how it had a sequencing activity.

The foldables may be a little more complicated, but I think my kids this year LOVE hands-on activities, especially if they get to cut and glue.  I can't wait to see how these go!

Hope you love it as much as I do!  Oh, and I created this graphic organizer to go with the writing activity.


#5 Interactive Thanksgiving Books

Um... Yes!!!!  I have to tell you I was slightly geeked out when I got this packet.  I sent my Fluttering through First Grade friends one of my packets because they are some of my blogging BFFs.  Well, they sent me this packet back and it was the perfect gift.  I had been eyeballing it and had plans to grab it and my girls read my mind.  We will be doing this project the week before Thanksgiving.

#6 - Thanksgiving Roll & Cover
My kiddos love this game!  It makes a quick center or activity that they can take home.  I made it in color and black and white, so you can print, laminate, and use counters with it or you can let the kids color it and keep it for home.  You can click on any of the images to grab it.



Alright, so those are six freebies or packets I'm using over the next few weeks.  Hope you have an incredible weekend!  

Oh, and if it's cold near you drink a hot chocolate for me :)

2 comments

  1. Thanks so much! Love your first book report just as much as the new ones! Thanks for being so generous and talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your book reports!

    ReplyDelete