Five for Friday


I'm actually remembering to do my Five for Friday post this week!  I can't believe it!  To read more Five for Friday posts, click on the image below and it will take you to Doodle Bugs Teaching.

I LOVE Pumpkins!!!  Actually, as a kid I don't know if I noticed that they even existed.  Then, I became a school teacher.  Can I tell you a secret?  I've still never really carved a pumpkin.  I tried a few years ago in my classroom.  I bought one of those pumpkin carving kits and was REALLY excited.  Well, let me tell you, those kits don't actually work.  So, still haven't carved a pumpkin.  That being said, I spotted these Sharpie pumpkins on Facebook and I might just have to make one of them.  No idea why or what I would do with it, but it looks like fun.  Oh, and I linked the picture to a tutorial of one of my favorite bloggers - Little Blue Boo.

This saying makes me laugh every time I see it!  Now, if I could just remember it when I jump into the circus :)

Why yes, this is a paper airplane.  I keep drawing paper in a drawer for my kids to use when they finish their work.  It's supposed to be for word work, but sometimes they want to draw and I'm okay with that because I love drawing.  Plus, brain breaks for some kids may be drawing.  It was for me!  Well, that drawer now has some new rules thanks to this little airplane.  My kiddos decided to get creative after morning work this week.  I should have known something was up when it was so quiet. This little plane went zooming across my front table.  Good news is my students are creative and I now know what we will be doing for our next Fun Friday.  I think I'll name it Paper Play.  Each kid will get three pieces of paper, scissors, glue, markers, etc. and they can create whatever they want.

For future reference, this is what happens when you let your kids try to color a glossy paper plate blue.  Stick with the crayons.  They won't fail you.

Do you like Oriental Trading?  Well, I love them, especially their sticker sheets.  We were studying frogs this week and I grabbed these.  My kiddos did the Life Cycle of a frog on a paper plate using the stickers.  This was an easy activity and the kids loved it!  A matter of fact, half my class asked if they could take them home to show their parents instead of filing them to go home on Monday.

I linked the picture, so you can go grab them if you want.


 Have a great Friday!

No comments

Post a Comment