Five for Friday

Hey friends!
I'm linking up to Five for Friday.  Don't forget if you want to check out more blog posts, to click below and you can see what other bloggers have written.



 Where did summer go?  I love teaching, don't get me wrong, but I swear we just got out of school and we are gearing up to get rolling again.  I went to work on putting my room back together this week and had a fun little stack of treasures waiting for me.  There's nothing I love more than opening packages full of goodies.  So, what do you think I ordered?

I have created a new rule for me.  I have bought tons of books, but haven't spent a lot of time reading.  I decided if I'm going to make my kids work on their stamina, I need to work on mine a little.  So, for the next few weeks, I'm spending at least 45 minutes a day reading non-fiction school books.  Yes, I am a little crazy, but we all know once school starts that isn't happening.  If I'm going to try to be a better teacher, I better get on it and start reading all these books.  So far, I've finished Crash Course and now I'm onto Daily 5: Second Edition.  Friends, if you haven't read Daily 5: Second Edition, but you read the first one, definitely read this new one.  There are several changes and honestly, it aligns more with what I've been doing and my thought process than the first one.

This has no purpose.  It's my new "I'm working but need background noise" show.  Plus, if you are in your thirties (like me), you know this was one of your favorite shows.

Oh, boy!  So, not sure if you've heard my laptop story yet, but I had to get a new laptop thanks to an old injury a.k.a spill.  It took me days to add back software, fonts, and clip art.  Can you imagine if everything wasn't backed up to DropBox?  The good news is I'm starting to create again.  Here's an old freebie that I've updated a little.  Hope you like it.

Since I'm only off a few more weeks, my hubby and I went to breakfast this morning.  I love living in a town similar to the town where the Gilmore Girls lived.  There's something great about ordering breakfast, sitting in a window, and watching a small town.  I may just have to take my laptop up there one morning soon to work.  It's just a peaceful little place.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments

  1. Hi Faith,
    I'm going to guess you ordered books and materials for math centers? I loved reading this blog post. I also live in a small town and the summer has allowed me time to appreciate how awesome and peaceful it truly is. I can't believe you go back only in a few weeks! That's so soon!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    P.S. I also love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to eat at The Redneck Gourmet when we come through Senoia. If that is the small town you are describing, it is just lovely! Lots of fun things happen around there!

    ReplyDelete