Groundhog Day and Completed Packet

Can I be honest?  So, I did cute, little Groundhog Day activities with my kids ALL week last week.  We did a few of my sheets from my printables set, but I also spent three days making groundhogs, writing rough drafts, and writing final drafts.  This morning I wake up and as I'm blogging, Facebooking, basically wasting time, in the background I hear someone make a comment about Groundhog Day.  

In that moment, I rewind everything I've done over the last week and realize that I made a HUGE mistake.  I taught my kids that if the groundhog sees his shadow that means six more weeks of winter.  Good, right?  Yeah, stay with me.  I also taught my very impressionable six and seven year olds that if he doesn't see his shadow that means a LONGER winter.  Oops!  Apparently, no shadow means a shorter winter.  Who knew?  I know it's my fault, but Wikipedia did not mention that no shadow meant a shorter winter.  Plus, in my mind six weeks is kind of short.  Well, maybe not short to people that live up North, but to this Southern girl, we've had all of ten winter days, so six weeks really didn't seem like torture.  Oh, and do you know that the first day of spring is March 20.  That's six and a half weeks after February 2, so you can see my confusion... well, I can see it.

Anyway, hopefully on Monday I can undo a little bit of my explanation of Groundhog Day.  The funny part is I save all of my kids' writing.  Well, half of them wrote that they didn't want the Groundhog to see his shadow because they want a long winter so they can get snow.  Oops!  Sorry kids!  I know one thing.  I am most definitely going to be skipping Mardi Gras and several other mini holidays.  I might scar this group for life.  Well, maybe not scar them, but I might have reworked a few of the connections in their brain.  Let's just pray that when they do get to the CRCT there aren't any questions about American holidays.



Okay, so that was my morning.  The rest of my day consisted of breakfast, a nap, leftovers, and creating, creating, creating.  I finally finished my Lincoln and Washington packet and I cannot wait to use it!  Below are pictures of a lot of the pages.  If you purchased my MLK Jr. packet and liked it, you will definitely love this one.  I used the same formula I used with that packet.  I also created sheets where you can use it from kindergarten through third grade.  If you like what you see, click on my sale banner and go grab it.  The sheets to the left and the right of this paragraph are being offered in the preview.  If you would like to go get them, click on the pictures.  It will take you directly to this packet so you can download them.  Remember, the TPT sale is only tomorrow, but my sale runs through Monday, so I hope you will go check them out.







Hope you guys load up tomorrow!  I know I can't wait to get some clip art and a few other items.


14 comments

  1. That cracks me up and sounds like something I would do, Faith!!!

    Your pack looks FANTASTIC!

    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's sad is the minute I figured out what I did, I knew it would be my blog material for tonight :) Glad you like the packet :) This was one of those that I wanted, but it took me a week or two to get motivated to finish it :)

      Delete
  2. I am literally laughing out loud because the groundhog debacle sounds like something I would do! It reminds me about some confusion I caused about the Bluegrass Mountains a few years ago! Thanks for the laugh and the freebies-the new packet looks great!
    -MO
    More Than Math by Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I made my hubby laugh, too :) I'm glad you like the new packet :)

      Delete
  3. You crack me up, too, Faith. Thank you for your honesty...makes the rest of us feel better about our screw-ups. Phil's handlers actually decide if he will see his shadow or not...it isn't even real. (But I won't tell my students...that secret is safe with me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I'm all about honesty :) Plus, I figured it would make everyone laugh. I promise that I actually do know that it isn't real :)

      Delete
  4. HI! I am your newest follower! LOVE your blog! SO cute!

    -Holly Phinney

    Specialsmartspecialhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Faith!
    That packet looks amazing! You are so creative! You always have fun stories to share too! :)
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you :) I'm glad I keep you guys entertained :)

      Delete
  6. This president pack is seriously amazing! It's going to work out great in my classroom.

    Thanks, Faith!!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my newest creation :) Let me know how it goes with your kids :)

      Delete
  7. I'm your newest follower. Your packet looks amazing!! I'm just starting out my blog. If you have time you'll have to come check it out!

    junglelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will definitely make sure I go check out your blog.

      Delete