Manic Mondays

So, I thought all day about what I wanted to post today, but I forgot to take a picture at school, so maybe tomorrow.  I thought I'd share a few things I use to organize my students and me, but definitely easier to explain with pictures.

Since I forgot to take pictures, I'll show you my classroom instead :)  Every 3 or 4 years I change my theme.  Right now, my theme is farm.  I have to say it is my favorite theme I've done.  There's so much I can do with it, plus it's bright and colorful.  I'm even considering keeping it for awhile.

Anyway, below are pictures with some commentary :)  Let me know what you think and feel free to share the themes you have tried or want to try in the future :)



The barn is the main bulletin board in my classroom.  The black parts of the barn are laminated posters.  I hot glued magnets to them to hold all of our math vocabulary cards.  Also, I have the desks in my room pushed against walls.  My room looks MUCH bigger.  Most mornings I sit at the table you see in the center of my room.  I even take attendance from there using my iPad.
This is where I keep up with discipline.  Instead of moving clips, my students move corn.  I hot glued magnets to the tractor and to the back of the corn.  This is the back of a set of cubbies, so it's in view, but it's also out of the way.
This is a close up of the center of my barn.  I always keep the days of the week and months of the year here.  We don't really do Calendar Math anymore, but I still think it's important for my students to have these words available.  This set is available on my TPT site.

Hope you like my room!  I will try to have a few organization pictures tomorrow.  One day this week I also hope to show you a few of the things I found on Pinterest and pictures of how my versions turned out.  It's funny because I have only been on Pinterest for around a year and I can barely remember life before Pinterest.  The E Cards alone are enough to keep me visiting!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!


No comments

Post a Comment